Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Remember the soul is in time and in eternity

A blogger quotes Thomas Moore in her post, "Day 362: Soul Care Sunday" while consulting Moore's Care of the Soul and his The Re-Enchantment of Everyday Life. She writes:
"I declared today Soul Care Sunday. What a perfect day for reflection, rest, and connecting and for feeding my soul. I had no time schedule, no need to do anything beyond what the moment and my soul offered."
...
"This evening, as I blog, candles are lit throughout the house, 81 of them in total. This Sunday evening ritual, during the Christmas season, brings peace and quiet joy to me, the light of each flame calling to the light within me. It is such a gentle and beautiful way to close the day and conclude the weekend. I believe I will continue the lighting of the candles, even after the Christmas decorations are packed away, using whatever candles and holders are on display." 
She concludes her post with another quote from Moore: "The soul is partly in time and partly in eternity. We might remember the part that resides in eternity when we feel despair over the part that is in life."