Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Artist sees love as fuel of life in The Soul of Sex

On the blog, PoedyPencilPrincess: The Ranting of a Mad Artist, New Brunswick artist Jody Noelle Coughlin describes herself as "a painter and a writer, photographer, mother and wife." In yesterday’s entry, "A Beautiful Rainy Day" she blogs,
"Ian and I had a few hours to ourselves this morning so we went out for lunch and strolled around town. We went to the library and I picked up a book called The Soul of Sex by Thomas Moore. I am loving this book. It seems to be telling me the things I have known for so long about sex, love. Eros. It speaks about love being the fuel of life. It speaks about how sexual encounters change us even if we want to believe they were casual. I have always felt that. In fact, I have always been fascinated by the transcendence I felt when in contact with another human being. A kiss. A touch. These things all bear great meaning for me. Always have. Hopefully they always will.

So, I look forward to what else I might discover (or rediscover) within this book. I am glad I stumbled across it today. I also picked up Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale and Ian picked out A Mad Desire to Dance by Elie Weisel for me. So, I suspect I shall be completely drunk on literature in the coming weeks. I am glad. I could use the infusion."

Labels: