Sunday, January 10, 2010

Connect with rich soul material in your dreams

Today, two bloggers mention Thomas Moore's latest column in Spirituality and Health magazine. In the January-February 2010 issue, he writes about developing a dream practice. Cassie Premo Steele quotes Moore in her post, "Synchronicity, Cycles, and the Power of the Wish":
"The fundamental point in developing a dream practice is to live from a deep place and to connect the rich, profound life of the soul with ordinary activity. You live, then, in many dimensions and are closer to the roots of your emotions and thoughts and the patterns that define your life... With your dreams, you, too, are looking for the poetics of your own underworld."
Dr. Donna Cox reflects on the role of dreams in her post, "Dreaming or hearing from God?". She writes, "What I do know is how many times God has used dreams in my life. Often my dreams have been prophetic, warning me that one of my children needed prayer, that there were demonic forces working in certain relationships or that I needed to open my eyes and heart to issues I would rather avoid... As a result of reading Moore’s short piece, I decided to see what I could find on the web about Christian dream interpretation." Cox includes a .pdf download in her post.

Labels: ,