Thursday, November 05, 2009

Care for the sick, waken the lifeless

In the south of England, Diane Woodrow, at A Positive Blog, writes about Thomas Moore’s latest book, Writing in the Sand: Jesus and the Soul of the Gospels.
"I have started an amazing book ― Writing in the Sand by Thomas Moore, which is much more on my wavelength. I am not sure what translation of the Bible this comes from but for me it sums up how I feel about my walk with Jesus ―
From Matthew 10:7-8 "As you walk around let people know that the kingdom of heaven has come. Take care of the sick, waken the lifeless, get to the root of suffering and banish the demonic..." To me that is it in a nutshell and makes me know too that I can do this. Not everyone we pray for gets healed, but everyone we know who is sick needs someone to care for them.”
After sharing features of her family’s story, Diane continues, "Moore talks about how following Jesus isn't about trying to figure out what is right and wrong, good and evil, but of living life to the full."

Perhaps Moore will publish his translation of the Gospels.

Labels: , ,