Sunday, November 03, 2013

Human suffering is a natural part of ordinary life

Tamera Smith Allred writes about Thomas Moore's book Care of the Soul in her post, "Care for the Soul" as she describes becoming obsessed with a problem:
"In an effort to silence the mad melody I picked up a favorite old book of mine, Care of the Soul – A Guide for Cultivating Depth and Sacredness in Everyday Life by Thomas Moore..."
"I moved into contemplation, truly soul work leading to the Divine within. I took Moore along for the journey and moved back and forth between the quiet within to my quest without, accessing both my inner wisdom and the wisdom of one life’s great teachers."
Allred also introduces a quote from Jung in this post, "I haven’t met very many people that easily embrace self-compassion. Carl Jung, one of the fathers of psychology has helped me with that task with his profound insight on self-love, wisdom that was hard wrought by his own weaknesses and challenges in life."